Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Long Haul

It's been few months since I started on this kick to get healthy by loosing weight. The novelty and excitement is.. unsurprisingly.. wearing off.

Thousands of steps literally & physically taken, couple of pounds lost (20 to date), number of flattering compliments / words of encouragement received from people I know.. and unsurprisingly.. I am starting to drag my feet.

I am becoming relaxed about my eating habits. Exercise is becoming a chore and no longer stimulating. The weight loss is happening a little slower. Yes yes I know.. whine whine whine. But seriously, this is kind of where I'm at right now.

Isn't it supposed to be getting easier?! I've been doing so well building up my will power and discipline. But in the last week - I literally had to ask my family to kick me out of the house so I could exercise. And when I saw a snickers bar in my sisters bag? I almost stuffed the whole thing in my mouth, wrapper and all.

The good news is I am still freaking out about fluctuations in weight, or excessive eating of sweets. And every time I "mess up" - my rebound time is still pretty fast. The moment I start not to care then I should REALLY be worried. And this is something I've been mentally preparing myself for as I know there is always a shlump after a high, something I was able to extrapolate given that I've been trying (and failing!) at healthy living for say I dunno.. all my life?

Mental battle is upon us. Crunch time is now!

2 comments:

  1. cross-train, so you don't get bored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need an exercise buddy Pi. Do you want to meet up in Moro before rehearsal for a quick jog?

    ReplyDelete