Friday, April 15, 2011

Wrap Up: Work

Resigning from a job you love has got to be one of those most difficult things I've had to do in a long long time. So difficult that I couldn't help but burst into tears when I did. 

The environment and the accounts are fun, challenging and inspiring. As are the people. 

I will definitely miss the breadth of projects I've had the opportunity to be part of in the last year, creating and executing -
• brand identity systems
• one gazillion brand campaigns translated through print ads, brochures, billboards, boardups, and corporate AVPs
• signage & wayfinding programs
• shoots, shoots and more shoots
• coffee table books
• space & event planning
• museum exhibits (well.. museum exhibit lang, lol)

As I'm preparing for turn over, I'm still very much involved in the day to day operations and even planning for the near future. It's making me very sentimental; a part of me yearns to be involved in the up and coming projects, to get to know the newbies coming in and further my learning and relationship with this group.

But I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. 

With that, I take comfort and look forward to the wealth of opportunities I see waving at me from just around the corner. 

one of many awesome views of sunset from our office window

 my tag team both during work and after; 
T+E  doing an interview in a Dumaguete market for a coffee table book project


 B doing what she does best.. imparting wisdom, lots of it

  i know it's nearing sunset when i see these junk yard doggies (our next door neighbors), 
climb ontop of a park car for their late afternoon snooze

 K hamming it up during weekly workload meetings

  constant source of advice & entertainment, S + M

   work fun, both in and out of the office

mock up table - also everyone's favorite place for lunch and laughs

 food styling for a photo shoot

 video shoot for a corporate AVP


  watching our peg come to life for a print ad campaign 

  exhibit design

  hours of editing 

  my first book project!

  rush video installation for a cocktail event

  scaffolding for a video shoot around the city

 area landscaping and event space planning


recent rush book project we put together






5 comments:

  1. that picture of B is classic! it's amazing how much you've grown and mastered in the span of just a year. see you soooooon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you've accomplished a lot! Congratulations! We will miss you. BE sure to come back for our visa application.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @helloise: i'll miss doing things like coffee table books, but excited to bring my design skills to the next level. see you soon!

    @CathyCE: thanks Cutty! I'm thinking of applying from Singapore, I saw kasi in the website that they can only process visa's for people living in the country. Still need to think the process through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. Went through those emotions when I resigned from GMA to move to Singapore as well.

    But what a full and amazing year. Love the photos, especially those of the snoozing doggies, shoot with peg and book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @deepa:i think it has something to do with not wanting to look bad, resigning? it's a better position to be in, going from a good situation to a supposedly better one.. but nonetheless, it's still tough noh?

    ReplyDelete