Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm on leave from work today! Slept in, cleaned up, caught a streamed show then headed out to check on some prices for M.

Agenda for the rest of the day includes: grocery shopping, cooking for the week, bit of excersize (must must must do this!), then possiby head to bed early so I can get to work early tomorrow to catch up with mail and get prepped for the rest of the week. 

Work is crazy again - while I'm in it, its exciting - a bit of autopilot mode & thriled when i finish a stack of tasks. But when I get to stop, breathe & think about what I'm doing, I always freak out a little (ok, sometimes a lot). 

In other news, I had a moment of financial maddness yesterday. Once in a blue moon, I throw whatever control or discipline I have in my life and say "ahh f*ck it", and just buy. Which is what I did with my overnight trip to Bangkok this weekend. I blame it on a few things: (1) crazy need of a good massage - with no thanks to R who went home this past weekend to do just that, (2) crazy need of an out of town vacation - trips home & weddings where you have a role don't count as a vacation as they are more reaponsibiliy than they are relaxing, (3) reason to travel - G is celebrating her birthday. While there are groups plans, I plan to squeeze in a bit of me-time to get some much needed out of city R&R. Ill stress out about the financial implications later! 

In the meantime, I will sit and enjoy my giant breakfast for lunch (as my final meal before going back to calorie counting for the week), read, write a bit - and enjoy the present! 



No comments:

Post a Comment