Sunday, June 2, 2013

Turning Japanese on my 31st

I spent the afternoon at G & A's place where I cashed in my birthday gift from G - a home cooked Japanese-inspired lunch for me and my guests!

These plans have actually moved thrice since my birthday so it was a bit of a belated celebration. But hey, who am I to complain? I'd celebrate all year round if I could! 

An awesome gift in many ways. Firstly, I don't expect gifts so when I do get what, it is an incredible treat. Secondly, who doesn't like a gift which involves time and talent? Lastly, the bonus was that I got to spend a lovely, chill Sunday in amazing company, eating and drinking deliciously.

Oh yes - plus it gave me an opportunity to practice with my camera. Nothing thrills me more than capturing pictures of things that make me happy! 

Fresh flowers are always a lovely touch in any interior

Fresh salmon sashimi starters

Flowers by moi, arrangement by A. lol. 


Fresh wrapped in fresh

Pop of happy yellow

Japanese plum wine + wasabi peas

Beautiful Luna who has gotten accustomed to me camera stalking her

Party of 6

G's workspace

Red & blue

Our host & chef!

Some colourful.... scallions? 

Stash

Table setting


Udon with miso butter


Slow cooked pork belly


Vibrant & sweet Japanese pumpkin

And for dessert... some Japanese biscuits (yup... couque d'asses) with yuzu sorbet

... which we topped with4 delicious chocolate cakes

G & A's growing beer bottle collection

Some of my nearest and dearests: N

Some of my nearest & dearests: K

K's other half 

G's other half 

Some of my nearest & dearests: G

My APL beer's (belated birthday) wish for me this year: The strongest gaffe is the failure to laugh 





3 comments: