Saturday, July 11, 2009

foto favorites



i thought i had lost this photo, so extremely happy that i was able to salvage the SD card! this was taken during a trip i took 2 months ago to Pandan Island. it was a bit of a trek from the airport in San Jose, the longest part being riding a rickety old, tin can frame of a bus in and ontop of with happy locals (people are really much friendlier outside of the city noh?). anway, this nanay and her grandkids (i assume) climbed onto the bus at one point and i offered them what little corner of a bus seat i had. after bouncing around on the bus for a few minutes, i realized it would make a beautiful shot and able to capture it some what. i would love to take better pictures of people, develop the ability of capturing their emotion. i think i'd need to own a more advanced camera though with a faster shutter speed. my camera phone and the point & shoots i am able to borrow from generous friends can only do so much.



this photo was also taken on the same bus trip. these provincial busses allow men to sit ontop of the bus. at one point, i had a window seat and had this dangling above my head for a while. i was so tempted to shove his slippers off his feet. hehehehe. but i was on this trip for a vacation and not to get my head chewed off by a local :D i contented myself with snapping photos instead.

5 comments:

  1. Love the photos :) You take such great photos with just point and shoots - imagine when you have an SLR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you have a great eye and great sense of framing pi! camera don't matter, my wedding photographers (whom i super duper love) started their business with just a point-and-shoot and makeshift lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guts & Deeps! As I know you are both visual people, your positive feedback means even more! I cannot WAIT to get me my own camera in the future and develop my skills further. My love for taking photos has really grown over the years :)

    I started a tumblr photoblog (same title, different domain) super recently actually. Same concept as my blogspot but merely through photos.

    ReplyDelete