Friday, July 3, 2009

LRT art

Saw this a few weeks ago but only able to write about it now. Doing my usual route to Katipunan, via the CUBAO lrt station. Had a happy surprise waiting for me when I entered the terminal.

There was a roped off area with makeshift panels showcasing select entries from an LRT ART competition - I'm assuming the theme would be something like artwork inspired by the LRT? I saw promotional posters weeks before that but never bothered to stop and read it.

Needless to say, the work showcased is really good. Alot of different styles and a lot of different techniques. Some very modern in interpretation, others very stylized. I have no idea how they will choose a winner or if they've chosen one already.

Outside of it being a brighter unexpected moment in my day, it further emphasized the fact that Filipinos in general, are just so damn talented! It's really amazing. In general, I consider myself average in a lot of the different things I dabble in. It's so humbling to be blown away by people who REALLY excel in something.

I wish I was able to have gotten closer to the work to have gotten better shots. There was a lot of work I couldn't appreciate becasue I simply couldn't see it.

Never the less, wanted to share some...













2 comments:

  1. wow i love the maria clara one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. diba? they opened the exhibit (ie: you can actually wander among the paintings na..) finally. plan to take a closer look one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete