Monday, December 14, 2009

Family Time

Growing up, we used to love decorating the Christmas Tree as a family. A few years ago, my siblings and I had a big fight the day we were supposed to festoon our home with yuletide cheer. While our relationship is stronger than ever, we haven't decorated the tree since.

Regardless, I enjoy doing mundane things with my family and small, random activities together are always a wonderful welcome. See, our home becomes a huge pastry production house during the holidays and mom, more often than not, always needs an extra hand. So over the last few weeks, one of my sisters and I spend a few hours in the evening helping out. Cutting up pastries, folding up boxes, ribboning them up, etc. The cool December air, smell of baking chocolate or melting butter, the Christmas carols blasting from the radio and a hot cup of tea, sets the stage for a few hours of pure familial bliss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment