Monday, December 28, 2009

what the: holy sea creatures

Maybe I've just been spoiled by the masses I regularly attend but seriously, I think mass in the Greenbelt is not only crazy packed but super long. Perhaps more so because of the holidays? Plus each time the response to the responsorial psalm was sung after each verse, it came complete with a full instrumental intro plus the singing of the psalm TWICE per response! I almost strangled myself by the time parish announcements came along, but even THAT was two millions years long. Lol, feeling bratty today are we?!

Anyway, as captivating as Monsignor's homily was, I think I spent a great portion of the hour staring with bewilderment at the Christmas decor that hung from the Greenbelt chapel's inner dome.


Ok, so it's an ugly picture. But even in this fuzzy picture you can kinda sorta see what I mean. They look like atoms, or sea anemones, or holy aliens. Unless they were trying to achieve ugly, whatever they were trying to achieve didn't really didn't work out.

Sorry greenbelt chapel! Time to usher in a new decorator for 2010 perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment