Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Day of School


This week is the start of the school year for kids in elementary and high school. Over lunch, a colleague shared both his excitement and anxiousness for his four-year-old's first day of school EVER.

This led to an animated conversation about kids and school- how school corridors are lined with yayas and moms reading or crocheting because their kids won't allow them to leave, how traffic builds up because of the ceremonies that happen once kids get out of their cars (baby powder + hair combed + words of wisdom & encouragement + hug + hatid; you wonder why a lot of this couldn't happen as the car was approaching the drop off point right?).

Made me remember mom's birthday letter to me last year, where she recounted a number of memories that flashed before her as she sat down to write me my card. One of which was on my first day of pre-school: "I remember I was the one having separation anxiety because you just waved at me and went marching right into your classroom".

Anyhu, makes me wonder.. do you know how your first day of school was?

6 comments:

  1. ditto!

    mom freaked out when i happily went off with my nursery teacher during first day of class :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahhhaha i wouldn't be surprised if the rest of our common friends have the same story.. birds of the same feather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quietly went to my seat while my new classmates screamed their heads off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rina: how very shy naman you are.

    echuzerang froglette ka! AHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. @rina: hahaha i can see mischievous little rina quietly going to her desk. i'm waiting for someone else to comment that their teachers had to tie them down to their chair while they were kicking and screaming.

    @ew: eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @EW: I'm shy naman talaga, eh! Hahahhaa.

    @PKF: I was sleepy! As in may picture akong mukha akong depressed na depressed pero pag nakita mo mata ko, puro morning star. Hello naman diba! Haha

    ReplyDelete