Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lesson from a Crab

Taken at Maosonon Island, Palawan in 2009

Some lessons you learn as a child, and you only really learn their value as you get older.

An iconic crab (or is it lobster) once said "You want something done, you've got to do it yourself". Ok, so maybe Sebastian of Little Mermaid wasn't the first to say this - but that's who I initially learned that lesson from.

The older I get, the shorter my patience grows. When I get excited about something, I'm learning not to expect that same level of excitement from others. Or at least, same level of translated action. If I sit around and wait, I set myself up for disappointment. In my new mind frame of molding my own life (and not letting life mold me), this particular phrase has become a glaring mantra that needs to be practiced lest I pull out my hair.

This being said, I'm glad I've finally got a pending plan going since the idea first popped up start of the year

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I think I know what brought about this particular post of yours :P

    ReplyDelete