Wednesday, September 21, 2011

This Weekend

I knew towards the end of last year that my stint with choir singing was coming to an end. Having been in a choir ALL MY LIFE - thought this was a very bold declaration. Some of the best years of my life I've spent singing in choirs, especially the choirs I sang with over the last 6 years- the best friends, memories, lessons, experiences anyone could every ask for . But I think I arrived at a point in my life where other things became an urgent priority, so much so that singing in a choir was no longer fun for me and I knew it was time to move on.
Recently, the current members of the Ateneo Chamber Singers have been posting this on their Facebook walls. Not ACS' usual style. BUT, watching and listening to it.. I couldn't help but smile each time (yes, inulit ulit ko siya).  Made me remember why I stuck out it out for so long - especially with this group. Genuine warmth and love radiates from the members of the ACS, so much so, that I really do believe it shines through in our music.


So if you're in Manila this Friday, 23rd of September. Do yourself a favor and watch this concert. You'll be in for an inspirational, love-filled evening for sure.

In other news, it's F1 weekend in Singapore. Traffic has already started to build up on this tiny island as people are slowly flocking in by the droves and roads are getting rerouted and fixed up for the night races.

While I would personally love to hermit away at home, I'd be silly not to at least experience the energy of the weekend - and I'm not even talking about the races. I'll start the weekend here on Friday, and will end up here by Saturday. Sunday - you can find me at home, in bed, the ENTIRE DAY.


ACS with Sir Jojo during TATLO at the CCP, Manila in 2011

ACGC pictorial at ADMU in 2003

ACS with Sir Jojo performing in San Francisco 
ACGC in 2004; Mamalou's maiden performance at Philamlife, Manila

ACGC competing (and winning) in Marktoberdorf, Germany, 2001

thank you FB and my FB friends for all of these photos :)




3 comments:

  1. Hun, where can I get tickets? My sister and I wanna watch Marckypoop sing

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you Pia.

    I will be in Singapore on Saturday for the races. I'll see if I can get you a copy of the new CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Me Buddha Banana: you got my offline messages? 300 pesos entrance fee for the ACS concert. Have fun!

    @CathyCE: That would be awesome if I could get a copy! Let me know! Thanks! And fun at the races!

    ReplyDelete