Sunday, October 16, 2011

Airport Musings


I'm thinking I've blogged about this before, but thought it would be worth repeating, only because it never fails to stress me out each and every time. I HATE CUTTING IT CLOSE FOR A FLIGHT.

I have friends who don't like wasting their time sitting in an airport, but I love love love it. There's a wonderful sense of anonymous limbo when you're inbetween 2 destinations. I like meandering through shops, reading, grabbing a cup of coffee, getting a foot massage, listening to music, etc etc.  he best part is that no one is bugging you (usually) and that you get to spend some quiet me-time before the whirlwind of activity waiting for you when you land.

Thanks to the recent loss of my wallet (and thus, the employment pass I usually need to have with me everytime I enter / exit Singapore), I finally understood what all the hullaballo was about changing passports so they would be machine-readable.

Getting through immigration recently has been a breeze, thanks to the passport reading machines! 20 seconds, tops! I kid you not! You step up to the machine, scan your passport and finger print. If all is well, the little screen personal personally welcomes you to Singapore or wishes you bon voyage. Love it!

Never noticed they had these when going through immigration in Singapore before. And if the Philippine government asked Filipinos to get these recently (ok, not so recently), does it mean they have these machines in the Philippines as well? Why do I doubt that they do? Anyway, yes - I wonder what the parameters are about when we can (or can't) use the machines.

Couple of things I'd like to blog about, including finishing up my Summer '11 series plus 2 trips over the last 2 weekends. Have a pretty busy next few weeks but hopefully I'll get around to it soon.






4 comments:

  1. Oh no you lost your wallet?! Where? How?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair! I didn't get to see monks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you all sexy-schmexy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Deeps: i have no idea. i only realized 30 min after that it was gone. may have left it at 711. hassle. harumph

    @Maica: Nyehee

    @Rina: lol, thanks. angling and choosing the right photos lang yan ;)

    ReplyDelete