Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nothing But Bokeh

We did an evening shoot to put into context the lesson about long exposures.

I couldn't leave the class without asking how to create an image with bokeh.

According to advancedphotography.net, bokeh: "is the photographing technique of aesthetically blurring the background; to exaggerate the effect of the lights shinning in the background/foreground."


As per my last work stint before moving though, bokeh is an effective tool for creating dynamic and contemporary visuals. Also known to drive work-mates so mad that random shreiking of "BOKEH!" can be expected.

Unfortunately, due to the lens limitations, I really can't do anything BUT an image full of bokeh (ie: hanggang wall paper lang ang dating) - but it's cool nonetheless ya?

Bokeh (and then some) images below! Dedicated to my bokeh buddies :)






2 comments:

  1. So THAT's what you call them! Eee take some with me when you come home. An apt skill to be learning for christmas lights! You're taking a class right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rica: sorry dude, I can't do a photo where the person infront is clear and it's bokeh at the back. I don't have a long enough lens :)

    ReplyDelete