Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Busy Busy Busy Bee

Last week was a busy week....

Tuesday night VDay dinner organized by C at an Italian restaurant at Fort Canning Hotel called Gattopardo:


A Thursday night Fish & Chips dinner with some colleagues from work; a night we've been planning for weeks and my first taste of English mushy peas (think... baby food):

A Friday lunch with a visiting (hopefully moving!) friend:


A Friday dinner with the old crew of some colleagues; my first time to try steamboat (which I realized is thesame thing as shabushabu and hotpot):

A weekend movie marathon sleepover:


A Saturday lunch at a neighbor's (and colleagues!):


And finally (brace yourself for a gazillion photos to follow)... a Saturday night home-cooked birthday feast and taboo showdown at the home of a friend:







Between the start of 2012 and today, I've had one free weekend. To those who know me, you would know that a weekend ain't a weekend for me if I don't get a full day of just rolling about at home. Being a homebody and a closeted introvert, I really have no idea how I've managed to lock up the first 1.5 quarters of 2012. I don't recall myself being this busy in Manila, and I definitely had a bigger group of friends (plus my family) back home.

Don't get me wrong - all of the things that have preoccupied my weekday evenings and weekends are all things I want to do. I'm thinking the easy of mobility in SG has something to do with it? I'm also thinking that someone needs to finally enforce a 3 day weekend yes?

2 comments:

  1. I spend Nalda's last two Saturdays with us at work! My first after two weeks and I'm cooking, washing, cooking and washing!

    ReplyDelete