Friday, February 10, 2012

2011 In Review: Quarter 2

Life threw me a fast one in Quarter 2.

Birthday month was full of travel: took a few days off over Holy Week with some dear friends and loitered around Guimaras, Bacolod and Iloilo. Then on the evening of my birthday, I flew to Seoul for a few days primarily to attend the wedding of a high school friend. It was my first time to all of these places.

Birthday month was a big one for career as well. A friend unexpectedly popped up out of nowhere one Friday evening to let me know that she had referred me for an opening at her firm. I interviewed via Skype the following Thursday morning, I was offered a job that evening and I resigned the day after. Quickest hire I've ever gone through and they had ever done. A month after that Friday, I clocked in my last day at work, hoped on a plane to Singapore early Sunday morning and started work (and life) at my new firm in Singapore.

My 29th year was definitely off to an exciting start.

Weeks that followed included house hunting (and finding!), immersing myself in work, and doing all the things that I needed to do to get myself well acquainted with my new life.

None of this would've happened as smoothly as it did was it not from the encouragement of friends and family.

Holy Week in IloIlo

With old highschool classmates in Seoul

Traveling with friends never gets old

Seoul tour-guide and JKT friend

Seoul

Exploring Guimaras

Wedding in Seoul

Visita Iglesia 

Day off in Seoul

J during one of our first SG get togethers

Doggie love

w/ K after my first day of work

L's bday bash

My favorite homecooked bday fare

First brunch with N and his family in SG

The start of a long love affair

Work!

Day in the life of a DM 

Last drinks with B+C beloveds

Stuffing my life into a suitcase

Last tres marias lunch before the move

LPS w/ visiting Sir Jo

My host for a week
First house guest in SG!

No comments:

Post a Comment