Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nesting

My living space is a bit tricky - its long and narrow with high white walls. I can't do much to the physical structure unless I want to pay lots of money to bring it back to its original form the day I move out. 

When I first moved into my studio I did one trip to Ikea to buy what I deemed as essentials. Yes, disclaimer lang because I know many are still amusingly shocked that I "survived" months without a mug (bowls did just fine until someone at work took pity on me and gave me a mug, lol), a trashcan (pwede na plastic underneath my sink noh) and a few other things. If I can stuff a pillow case with laundry and use it as a pillow, then you bet I can get used to living simply ;)

Anywho - after half year of living with "bare essentials" - I made a trip back to Ikea to buy a few more things to make my studio more homey. I've always loved my little space, but I love it more now. Perfect for a homebody like me!

I've hosted a few people in my Singapore home (6x to date!) over the last 8 months I've lived here. One of the deciding factors for me in blowing my initial budget and getting my own little space (as opposed to sharing a larger flat with others) was the possibility of having family and friends visit and stay over. Tomorrow, 2 new guests will be arriving - my mom and my tita! First time family will be visiting actually and first time I'll have 2 people over at the same time. 

Palazzito P (yes - hostel chain of Palazzo Plazo, lol) will be full house! It'll be a little tight - I managed to fit a queen-size air mattress in a space as big as the air mattress -  but it'll (hopefully) still be comfortable. I've lived in tighter "happy houses" and it's always been a lot of fun. Trial and error for when Palazzito P reaches maximum capacity in May when my A, M & R come and visit!

I'm trying to keep my "stuff" at a minimum though - less clutter is good for my life and my sunday cleaning days! I'm just waiting for a few more things for my wall and then I think I'll be done - for now :) 

Sorry naman, I've filed away the original photo - so screenshot from PDF will have to do!
Snapped this picture when I was first deciding on whether or not to get it.

Few more pieces to home-ify the place
A little nature to green up the place

Living area transformed into a 2nd sleeping space

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Palazzo chain! Putting together a place of your own is so much fun. I've also resolved to not amass so much stuff, but as you can see it hasn't quite worked out for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stuffed laundry inside a pillow case as a pillow?! Haha oh my gulay. Bowl as mug still takes the cake for me though. I'm happy you're happy! Can't wait to play house as well. Hehe. Excited to visit you! That bed looks super comfy. Mom btw can't exclaim how happy she is that her years of sermon is finally paying off daw. A squeeqee in the bathroom? Haha. Hopefully R follows suit

    ReplyDelete