Monday, January 9, 2012

The Arts in Singapore

I think I've mentioned before that one of the wonderful things about living in Singapore is the range of awesome art events you can attend. It is truly a microcosm of many popular art and cultural events famous around the world. Over the last few months I've:

  • Watched an Elton John concert
  • Watched the brilliant Kevin Spacey in the wonderful staging of Richard III
  • Visited the 100th anniversary artifacts exhibit of The Titanic
  • Watched Cirque Eloize
  • Meandered through the "Dali: Mind of a Genius" exhibit  
  • Watched, listened and experienced a slew of acts during the "Voyage Night Festival"
  • Saw grand old masterpieces in "Musee d'Orsay: Dreams and Reality" exhibit
There were a number of other things I really wanted to see but missed (ie: The King's Singers Christmas Concert). Moving forward, there are also a few more things I've booked that are coming up soon (ie: Wicked the Musical). 

I also really like how art is very public here - from architecture to installations. 

Whether it be the size of Singapore or the budget I finally have to treat myself to these small luxuries, I'm happy to be living in a country where these wonderful events are so accessible. 

Wonderful what other great art events I'll get to see this year?













2 comments:

  1. hey! except for the musee d'orsay exhibit, i was with you on all your little art trips! thanks for summing it up for me too hehe. yay to more art s and culture fabulousness this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda sad that I don't watch plays so much anymore. Missed a lot this past year! Cirque, CATS, Mama Mia, etc. Oh well, soon again!

    ReplyDelete