Saturday, January 14, 2012

Home for the Holidays

Much delayed post about the holidays coming up...!

Hailing from a country that celebrates Christmas very early on in the year, I was very late in feeling the Christmas spirit. So much so that by the time it hit me in mid-December, I wanted to drop everything (ie: work) and just run back to the Philippines.

I figured there were only 2 extreme ways to go: hide or see everyone. After the crazy work weeks leading up Christmas, I was very tempted to do the former. But very happy I ended up doing the latter.

With dinners and errands booked everyday, my week and a half back home flew by. It was so lovely being home that mid-way through the trip, I found myself looking for ways to slow down time and delay having to come back to Singapore.

As much as I enjoyed it though, I have to admit that when I landed back in Singapore, there was definitely a sense of relief and free- breathing. The more I do, the more I need to just be. Thinking I should factor this in next time around if I can help it!

So glad my company gives us the week off between Christmas and New Year. Maybe this year I should do as many of my colleagues do and extend the break a little longer to REALLY make it a holiday. This way, I'll be able to spend it with family and friends, but also quiet time with myself.

ACGC kiddies dinner at BGC. Photo c/o JOM

ACS kiddie couture during the annual Christmas party. Theme this year? Kiddie party! Photo c/o JOM

Matching necklaces for me, my sisters and my mom 

My first social engagement for the break: afternoon with L

Having been part of that semi-circle for so many Chrsistmas' - it was a great change to experience it from the audience!

Dinner with P one evening...

...followed by drinks with X & L

Merienda with some of the Sesqui-Tandres girlies

Stopped by the old office...

... and had dinner and catchup with the soon to be weds!

Playing "who can smile the longest" w/ R - new silly game to add to our roster of random games

Home made mini cinnamon rolls with ice cream at a family reunion

Quiet noche buena with the family

It was a hoot seeing my parents Skyping for the first time together with some old friends from J-Town. First time chatting with each other in YEARS!!

With lola, great grandma and mom

Yummy gingerbread people made by M

Pochi

Bakloo Bear

Eeyore

Lola & lolo at a another family reunion

M's new addiction - fruit ninja

2 comments:

  1. A delicious delight hanging out with you, hun! Yummy cinnamon roll! I have to hand over pa some poshtresh to your sister for your family... a much delayed Christmas gift! Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually playing the moron game. Hehe. So here are all your hoilday pictures!

    ReplyDelete