Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thailand Sleeps

With a trip to Phuket & Bangkok several weeks behind me - finally getting around to posting about it. I can't believe I've waited this long to visit Thailand! As it's a pretty common trip to make - definitely a top 3 go-to when people generally think of places to visit in Asia.

Though it may seems like I've taken a lot of vacations over the last few months - this trip TRULLY felt like a REAL vacation.. you know, the kind where you don't need a vacation from your vacation when it's done? It was a nice mix of sigh-seeing at our own leisure, eating, bumming, shopping, resting.

Now time to photo dump. First up - our accommodations!


Sugar Palm Grand Hillside's concept was a new one for me - spacious, concrete floors in the bedroom and bathroom, massive shower and bath. Smelled slightly damp, breakfast buffet was expensive and nothing great, but all in all - enjoyed myself! Spent a few days just rolling around the room, and it was a great room to do that in. Location was great too - far away from the bustle of the town, but not too far away that it was an inconvenience to get there.

LUXX XL in Bangkok was AMAZING! Initially we were going to stay elsewhere so I'm really glad those first plans didn't push through. Hehe. The rooms were cozy, lots of visually engaging details in the lobby, massive hallways and doors which were great, awesome breakfast set in a lovely breakfast room, wah.. i could go on and on.  Even the slippers I loved. Not a fan of the club music playing in the lobby, as well as the the glass bath "curtain" in the bathroom but no major biggie! As flights to BKK are pretty affordable from SG - would definitely consider heading back for some proper R&R.




























2 comments:

  1. I love love hotel rooms! Happy that you got the kind of vacation you didn't need a vacation from. Lol. I wonder if chuvaness would approve of the one you stayed in Phuket. Different but still nice! BKK hotel looks so homey! As if you weren't in the city at all.

    A has been but I don't think it counts as it was for work and he didn't get to go around. Would definitely wanna go while Tito is still there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thailand seems so long ago.
    I miss Luxx XL too! (And yes, what a stroke of luck with all those bad reviews of Buddy Lodge hehehe)

    ReplyDelete