Saturday, May 19, 2012

Checking In

My vacay in Thailand felt like eons ago when in reality it was only about 2 weeks ago. 

Weekend after I arrived, my family came to visit so hosting duties doubled by franctic work me knocked the wind out of me. 

One last push this week with work looking to peak (ie: one man team at work!!! but new team mate joining the week after) and R flying back home. After that, I'm looking forward to a month of no major schedule commitments; my wallet and sanity are crying out for calm routine! For those that know me, you know I go a little crazy if I don't get regular time alone time to chill and re-energize!

With many commitments planned late last year, I knew this quarter and a half were going to be mad. Weddings, trips, family and friends visiting - I was excited for the longest time for all of them to happen and couldn't wait for them to happen! With all that anticipation, it's strange to think that it's all over.

Years ago, I could only daydream about what would be coming up next. I don't know if it's the age or the independence, but it's nice to be able map out my life. And when I say map, I mean planning it knowing that it can actually happen, as opposed to day dreaming and hoping it will come true. 

R is out for the afternoon which means I not only have my computer back, but have about half a day to do my favorite thing in the world - roll around and putter at home by myself. Reading, sorting photos, catching up with answering email, blogging, cleaning - can't wait!!!

Due to frequent use, these babies have been living downstairs and out of hiding
over the last few months. Happy to have finally put them away last week,
at least until the next trip in July!



3 comments:

  1. Happy for your plans becoming reality!

    Where were those two maletas stowed away?! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but it's nice to be able map out my life. And when I say map, I mean planning it knowing that it can actually happen, as opposed to day dreaming and hoping it will come true. " --> LIKE

    xoxo

    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same reaction! Amen, amen! If only there was a like button. Lol. See you soon R!

    ReplyDelete