Monday, August 16, 2010

Urge


Wow.. kamusta naman ang deluge ng posts diba? I guess I wanna get it out (into Cyberspace!) before I cycle again and it gets buried behind work and what not.

I work in an office with ALOT of smokers - infact, my cubicle is right behind the pantry - where all the smoking happens. Seeing ashtrays and being in cigarette smoke has become so common place again that I'm scared I will one day just subconsciously pick me up a stick and light up. 

I actually have nightmares about smoking. I'll be smoking in my dream and it'll be so real. It's a nightmare because I really REALLY do not want to start smoking again, nor do I have any plans on doing so. Temptation admittedly is there sometimes, and really gotta to consciously hold out so as not to give in and start up again. 

*shudder* 

3 comments:

  1. don't na.

    if you haven't smoked for a long time, nicotine tastes yucky, and second-hand smoke is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. resist! resist!

    while this sounds hypocritical coming from an occasional smoker, i never feel good about myself for smoking more than 2 sticks, with an interval of at least 2 weeks in between.

    actually, you don't even need to resist that hard since you've been off cigarettes for ages. i'd bet your body will just reject it of its own volition.

    and yes! like drei's comment—don't we find 2nd hand smoke disgusting? kain na lang kayo sa work table forever. hehe. i still think the bosses should invest in an exhaust fan for that pantry. so much for being sustainable eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the thing!!! It's so prevalent again in my life!!! I wouldn't smoke consciously but baka one of these days....subconsciously that like it would be the most natural thing in the world. But consciously, have absolutely no plans to start again.

    ReplyDelete