Thursday, August 5, 2010

what the: nickname

I have one of those names that can shortened / abbreviated, which is actually amusing because I have a really short name to begin with.

My shortened nickname is probably my most common nickname.  I didn't give myself the nickname, nor do I introduce myself using that name. People who call me by this nickname are people whom I've known long enough to be comfortable around them.

Thats why I'm always really thrown off when I meet someone new and they immediately start calling me by my nickname.

May tawag dyan.... :) 

4 comments:

  1. i can relate.

    if someone i just met starts to call me by my shortened name, my thought bubble is like, "close na pala tayo?"

    *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang tawag diyan ay UFC -- "uy, feeling close!" lol

    ReplyDelete