Sunday, October 17, 2010

Work Load II

Ok - so deep down, I'm freaking out about my workload.

(1) Three of my current accounts are rush projects, while I also have a few other projects that are drawing near completion these next few weeks. As much as we'd all like work to be evenly paced and well planned out, some thing about finally seeing that deadline at the horizon brings about all these strangely unforeseeable things that all of a sudden, need to get done in order for the project to finish. So..

Near completion = heightened stress.

(2) My co design manager went on maternity leave last Friday and the person that we were supposed to hire as a reliver.. backed out last Thursday. So guess who's taking over her accounts in the meantime?

(3) Must.keep.life.balanced!!!

On the flipside, I'm kinda excited about taking on more work. More work means more experience under my belt, and also means more opportunities to learn - and as I'm trying to focus and fast track all these learnings for the near future I'm preparing for, this opportunity is as good as any. On the flipside, I shouldn't be too worried because I'm working with a great team, so the projects WILL move along and the support will be there.

6th month in and I did say I wanted to dive in 200% right?!

But ya.. i'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm freaking out.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it pi!!!!

    but yeah... if there was ever a time to be stressed, thizizit. but, as you said, time to reach new levels of learning (and unflappable-ness). HUG!

    you game for dinner on wed or thurs? :D

    ReplyDelete