Sunday, October 17, 2010

On Friends & Nothingness


Saw a good friend recently. Over lunch I began fielding calls from work and then over dessert, she took out some papers to do some number crunching for work while I flipped through a magazine. 

It was an afternoon of catch-up, the deepest-of-the-deep kind of conversation, insubstantial chatter and many moments of nothingness.  

When you aren't compelled to put on a song a dance because each other's company is entertainment enough, when you can truly be comfortable doing nothing and still feel like you had the best time in the world.. then you know you are in the company of a true friend. And I am reminded, time and again, of how lucky I am to be blessed with people like this in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for a like button then I realized I wasn't on Facebook. Totally agree with the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete