Sunday, December 12, 2010

Glorious Sunday

Today was the kind of Sunday I wish I could always have.

I woke up willingly at 9:30 am, very much well rested. It wasn't so early that I felt I was dragging myself out of bed, nor was it so late that I had felt I had no more time left in the day.

Outside of catchup paperwork and a couple of work related things I had to attend to, there were no meeting I had to run off to, rehearsals to attend or errands to get done.

I spent the day leisurely reading, napping, & working.

I had dinner with my entire family and attended mass with my mom & sister.

Nothing really out of the ordinary happened today, but because they are so rare, this glorious Sunday was extraordinary.

I don't even remember the last time I had a day like this. When I realized I didn't have rehearsals today I almost cried with joy. Sounds a little OA, but seriously true.

As I anticipate a busy week ahead, I am grateful for the opportunity to recharge and to just be still.

Here's to more frequent glorious Sundays in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment