Wednesday, December 15, 2010

(Diet) Blessings 121610

I've fought a long war with my weight. I've been at it again recently and so far, have a number of mini successes:

1. 11 pounds lost! 5 more pounds and i'll be at the weight I was before Tor's wedding. Speaking of Tor's wedding...

2. Fitting into an old dress! My maid of honor dress from Tor's wedding to be exact. Still breathing, no impersonations of a stuffed green suman and able to zip it up myself! 

3. Fitting into a new dress! A bridesmaid dress for a wedding next week to be exact. I took a big risk by giving measurements slightly smaller than I currently was at the time. Was worried I wouldn't be able to fit into it, so was quite anxious about the fitting. Thankfully, I did :) 

4. Fitting better into my clothes! Those who have been on a diet, understand this feeling. When your clothes hang on you better, when your muffin top is slightly smaller. Great feeling.

5. Real hunger vs. emotional hunger! I often still feel the urge to stuff my face with cake or cookies, but I've now experienced the difference between needing to nourish my body and fueling procrastination. Hoping to keep level headed enough to control control control.

6. Avoided (avoiding!) holiday temptation! Whether at holiday parties, at home (our house has become a 24/7 bakeshop) or at meetings wherein I'm placed inbetween two boxes of freshly baked donuts or chocnut cheesecake... opportunities to gorge on the yummiest of goodies has been plentiful. Definitely thought about cheating (SO.FREAKING.HARD)... but happy that I haven't given in.

7. Better moods! It's irritating when clothes don't fit you right, or when you diet and you don't see results. I'm extremely grateful that this hasn't been the case recently.

Hopefully this marks a great start to what I hope will be a continuous and final journey down this road. Go go go 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment