Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wedding Maddnes


What a crazy last few days it has been! More about it in detail later... just needed to get this out of my system so I can focus on work, or at least attempt to. 

This is what the last few days has looked like:

Friday: 
7:00 am - 5:30 pm  
Work

5:30 pm - 5:30 am 
Tessa's bachelorette party

Saturday:
7:00 am - 3:00 pm 
Work

3:00 pm - 9:00 pm 
Tessa's bridal shower

Sunday:
9:30 pm - 1:30 pm 
SLEEP (yes my friends.. i was dead asleep for 14 hours)

2:00 pm - 6:00 pm 
Errands for the upcoming weddings; check in at the Sofitel

6:00 pm - 10:00 pm    
Tessa's Despidida de Soltera & Rehearsal dinner; 

Monday:
7:00 am - 8:00 am 
Work

8:00 am - 9:30 am 
Sofitel breakfast buffet (had to make room for this. hehehe)

9:30 am - 3:00 pm  
Getting ready for Tessa's wedding

3:00 pm - 2:00 am 
Tessa & Phil wedding ceremony and reception

Tuesday:
4:00 am - 7:00 am      
Flight to Davao

7:30 am - 12:00 pm 
Check in and SLEEP

1:00 pm - 2:30 pm      
Catch boat to Pearl Farm

3:00 pm - 11:00 pm 
Joe & May Ann's wedding ceremony and reception

Wednesday:
12:00 am - 2:00 am    
SLEEP!

6:00 am - 9:30 am 
Catch flight back to Manila

10:00 am                      
Back at work


So here I am, back at work.. still a little drunk but happy from the love and excitement I witnessed over the last few days. Outside of the fuzzy warm feelings, I gotta say.. I'm exhausted! Trying to focus on the number of tasks that need to be accomplished for work really takes a gargantuan effort when your tired. 

The minute I arrived, I met with my boss to touch base on the things that needed to be done and surprised myself by still making sense - who knew I could switch from thinking about wedding gifts to the price of astroturf at the drop of a hat?!

I think the most stressful part of the last few days were the moments where I was physically in one place (at the bridal shower), but thinking/doing something else at the same time (coordinating for work). The most peaceful time was when I was by traveling to the wedding in Davao, particularly on the 45-min boat ride to and from Pearl Farm. It felt like the first time in a long time I had the opportunity to just sit and be with myself.. without thinking about everything else. 

Few more days and Christmas will be upon us. Almost there.. crawling to the finish line.. but almost there!

(photos c/o Rica Facundo)

No comments:

Post a Comment