Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Old Friends

One of the many things that has helped me transition into life here are friends.

I'm very blessed- a number of old acquaintances live in Singapore, including 2 very dear friends who have been key in my moving and settling in. As Singapore is such a popular transit locale - I've also already seen friends from back home and having visitors pop in over the next few months. 

Come to think of it - I think I've seen a lot of new old faces in my last month & half here than I have in a years time in Manila. Funny how that works.

After visiting a few friends around the U.S. 2 years ago, I remember thinking to myself how it great it was to see old friends in new contexts - getting to know them outside of the world I originally had known them, not hearing about their new stories through email or chat, but actually living it with them for a few days. 

Still experiencing the same sentiments now - same friends, different context. It's a lovely position to be in as you're presented with the opportunity to get to know someone just a little bit more. 










2 comments:

  1. Aha. Jones the Grocer in the first pic? LOL @ Jeline and the "?!" on the Magnum Gold package!

    I loved having friends from Manila over all the time too. Proximity to home is one of the best things about Singapore for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon I'll be feeling that way about yoooou when I come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete