Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Firsts

Prepping my lunch for tomorrow and I found myself googling this:
I can scramble an egg. I learned last year how to poach an egg. 

Yet how to boil an egg? Yeesh. Beats me. I may have well googled "how to boil water". lol

Finally living by myself (for real this time! not "live-by-myself-for-5-days-then-go-home-over-the-weekend-to-have-my-laundry-done-&-bring-some-food-back-to-my-studio" living by myself), I'm coming face to face with a number of "first time" experiences. 

There are the big things, such as, looking for a place on your own, that really scream "INDEPENDENCE!" - but it's the smaller things, the things you take for granted, that really solidifies your status as a self-sufficient human being.  

So simple that when you actually need to do it yourself, you realize... wow.. THIS is a first!

Some things that come to mind:
  • Buying a mop - that was first. lol
  • Slicing a cucumber (ya ya - i don't cook, so what)
  • Sewing (ok - so I put a hole in my favorite pants recently, and I have yet to actually sew up the hole, but you get my drift)
  • Choosing the best all-purpose cleaner
  • Burning my first pan 
  • Buying my first frying pan & cooking pot (only to realize that they don't work on an induction cooker... grrr)
Thankfully, other things, such as paying for my bills, cleaning the bathroom, weren't too new for me. 

I'm sure the list will continue to grow. Can't wait to add things like: roast my own chicken (in my oven toaster! ya!), change my first light bulb (no idea how I'm going to do that, but i'll cross that bridge when I get there). 





1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! How to boil egg?! ATE! But ya, totally get you. I'm sure the feeling is really different to completely be on your own

    Omg.I miss seeing beige eggs! I just realized that I have to brush up on my Bahasa! :)

    ReplyDelete