Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Results Are In

FINALLY!!! After:


  1. Worrying about how I'd manage the application with my new work/living situation
  2. Worrying about how to pay for all of the things I would be spending on
  3. Worrying about not being able to refund any of the things I had already spent money on
  4. Booking an interview (and figuring out if I'd get all my papers done in time)
  5. Going through the process of getting all of my papers together
  6. Dealing with my nerves as I applied at one embassy, only to be told to apply at another embassy
  7. Getting all my paper together AGAIN for a new embassy, and booking another interview (ie: repeat steps 4 onwards)
  8. Being questioned at the new embassy why i was applying there and not the other embassy
  9. Harassing people for documents and prayers
  10. Waiting for the results of my application


I finally, FINALLY have my freaking VISA!!!!! 

*cartwheel*cartwheel*cartwheel*cartwheel*cartwheel*

I'd like to b*tch about my passport and whine about how needing a visa to almost anywhere else in the world simply because I'm Filipino is beyond irritating - but I'm too happy to complain.

A group of us have been planning this trip for at least a year now - purchasing tickets, planning itineraries, booking and reserving flights and accommodations.  With everything that's happened in my life from then till now, I had absolutely no idea if I'd still be able to go on this trip - but pushed forward anyway, feeling confident that it WOULD work out. Admittedly, at one point, I almost did give up. Thankfully I didn't. And thankfully, the support from the people involved has been amazing. 

It's a little photo finish - finally getting a go-signal for a trip you've been planning for a while, a week before you actually need to leave? But a go-signal now is better than a no-go-signal! 

Few more things to sort out before I leave, but thankfully, the biggest thing I had to sort out, has been sorted! 

And in celebration of my joy, sharing a few of the gazillion pictures I took, from the some of the places I got to visit last time I was in Europe. 

Paris, France

Mt. San Michel, France

Honfleur, France

San Sebastian, Spain

Bilbao, Spain

Granada, Spain

Normandy, France

Cordoba, Spain

Barcelona, Spain





3 comments:

  1. You went to Mont St. Michel? I was planning to drag you up there but it is too far from where we're going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya! this was during the last ACS tour in europe.

    you can drag us around elsewhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Las Otras!!! Aww. And don't worry, I didn't feel that you harassed me. Haha. So excited to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete