Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Contemplating...



  • Cutting down on social media from my life. Twitter I can probably cut out, but facebook I'm thinking I should still maintain for (1) photo-dumping (though even this I'm thinking about), and (2) ready-venue for keeping in touch with friends. I'm pretty good about not checking when I'm at work, but usually spend a lot of my commute time (about 35 min each way), mindlessly flipping through these tools. Should just focus on living my own life as opposed to finding out what ever else is busy doing with theirs. 
  • Getting cable. Hahahaha, yes I know, I feel like this is on the total flip side of my first bullet point. But I usually have the TV on when I'm doing chores! And would also like to have it handy for guests (like I have so many people coming over right?!). I think cable + my long overdue library membership will be good company for those days I just want to bum at home.  Would you judge me if I opt NOT to get news channels? I'm thinking, cartoons (sorry, I LOVE cartoons), lifestyle, movies and educational channels. There are budget considerations of course for getting cable, so I must crunch some numbers and see how I can make it work.
  • Being more pro-active with planning my schedule. I've got a number of things to look forward to from now until April, but majority of these events are there because of my situation (obligations, invitations, etc), not because of any forward planning I did on my own and made happen for myself.  Rather than be pushed around by my circumstance, would like to start molding my life with my own hands (wow, did that sound cheesy). Inline with this is a "just do it" attitude that I've been trying to take on for quite some time now, and ironically, a "live in the moment" attitude as well. 
  • Regulating my hours. This includes getting out of work on time (goodluck), some regular exercise (mmmhmmm) and getting 7 - 8 hours of sleep (I can always dream can't I). Uhuh, I crave routine, and always look for it. Getting there.. slooooowly but surely
Ok, enough contemplation for the time being, there's action to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment