Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer '11: Paris, France

I feel like I need to, should, post about the 2 weeks I spent in Europe. Especially since it's been about a month since we arrived! But how do you compress 14 days of exploring, and site seeing and bonding with friends in one blog post?

Rather than talk, will just show you in little bite size entries :)


I've learned to travel relatively light, and have learned the importance of having luggage that is easy to maneuver. When you hop from one place to another, which I find myself doing on many of the trips I take,  being able to manage your own luggage is important.


After 16 hours of traveling via Cathay Pacific to Paris, we check into Mimi & Petepete's "love nest".  They very graciously offered their place to us while they went ahead to Petepete's home town in the South of France to prep for the wedding.

First full day in Paris was packed - we did all the usual touristy sites and pretty much bull dozed through City of Lights. Quite an accomplishment I think given our full day(s) of traveling the day before.  Wonderful to see these sites again, don't think they'll ever get old!

Here's a quick run down:
  • Moulin Rouge
  • Mont Marte
  • Sacre Cour & lunch @ Petit Creux de Mont Marte
  • Louvre facade
  • Merienda at Angelina
  • L'Orangerie @ Jardin des Tuilleries
  • Champs Elysees
  • Arc de Triomphe
  • Notre Dame
  • Eiffel Tower
















No comments:

Post a Comment