Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'mmmm baaaaack

After 20 days, 4 countries (yes, Manila included in that count!), 9 cities, I'm back in the Lion City - rounder, blacker, broker, but definitely refreshed and reeling from the last few weeks.

Trip was wonderful of course. Nothing like taking a break from routine and getting to know the world at large, while learning more about yourself as well through the process of exploration.

I originally considered flying immediately to Singapore and going to work on Friday. VERY happy that i opted differently and that I'm slowly transitioning from surreality to reality.

With my quick layover in Manila, I was able to check off some of my priority errands: family time, pamper-myself-in-Manila-because-I'm-too-cheap-to-pay-for-it-in-Singapore time, fill up on some favorite meals (homemade spicy tuna pasta, chuckie, lily's pb + baguio strawberry jam sandwich, seryna, etc). Kept it on the downlow with friends (ie: i purposely didn't see anyone) due to short time span - strangely i think seeing too many peeps would've stressed me out more than relaxed me.

I opted to head back to Singapore late Saturday evening because I wanted Sunday to prep myself for full on reality immersion on Monday; get bearings on my finances, laundry, and after 3 weeks of ALWAYS being with people, some quiet time with myself. I thought I wouldn't be too excited to be back at the loft, but pleasantly found myself happy to be somewhere that was both familiar and mine.

Just like, half the year is gone. Will hopefully be able to plan another "big" trip  3rd quarter next year.

In the meantime - let me sort through my 25 gig worth of photos...

Unwinding at home with roasted rice tea from my trip to Seoul & 
bonne maman tarts (thanks for the suggestion D!) from Paris 

 LOOOVEE chuckkkiieee


 Dinner (our usual fare of oystercake & fried rice) and dessert with J on my Sunday off

 QT time!


 Seryna my love! Till next time!







1 comment: