Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday Class

Recently started the intensive "photography for beginners" course I signed up for a few months ago.

It was highly recommended by D,  who said it was the best way to learn how to make the most of my camera's functions. Admittedly, photos shot on a DSLR's automatic mode still make the purchase worth it. But I'd only be cheating myself if I don't learn the1-2-3's of manual shooting, and allow myself more control over the outcome of my photos.

I still have to stop and have a real long think about what to do to what functions. This is especially annoying when you're immersed in an environment with so many great pictures to take and you can't take any of them yet! But fiddling around with settings is one of those things that can only get better the more you do it. I'm just glad that I'm finally getting it. I think. lol.

I have an obvious style that I'm comfortable with. Seeing the work of my classmates though, and chatting with my instructor has gotten me excited about pushing skill and how I see things through the camera.

Photos below are from our first guided shoot in Little India.























3 comments:

  1. Bee-yoo-ti-ful pictures ate! I like! Especially the first couple of ones. Glad you're taking the classes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you took the class! Changing settings will get easier and almost automatic over time, promise. And finally... beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete