Saturday, November 12, 2011

SK's Big Day

SK and I have been friends for as long as I remember. Growing up there was horseback riding, altar girls, forced singing &/or dancing performances at parties, slumber parties, Freshman year.. the list goes on.

Naturally, I was thrilled of course she told me she was engaged. And then.. I felt old. Lol. I think it may have all of a sudden hit me that geez, we really HAVE grown up!

SK married her man in magical Bali about a month ago. It was a lovely wedding, and a relaxing weekend away. Aside from a bit of sweatshop work of manually putting together the chocolate giveaways - my only official role was to host... the actual ceremony. Hehe. So while the other bridesmaids were running about attending to the bride, me and a few other friends spent the rest of the weekend relaxing. Leisurely breakfasts, a good number of hours on a sun bed facing the ocean with smoothies and cocktails, massages, having the most amazing meals - you name it, we probably DIDNT do it because we were "busy" lazing about.

Aside from the obvious bumming, and witnessing SK's dream wedding, it was great to catch up with old classmates and the Titos & Titas from the old crew. All in all - an awesome weekend away I'd say!

Welcome drinks and fragrant cold towels upon our arrival at Ayana Resort & Spa 
Some of Ayan's lovely details 
Pool upon pool upon pool at Ayana

Beautiful door frame @ Ayana

Banana Pancake at Warung Made (nom nom nom)

I think we spent 4 hours just sitting on this sun bed - moving from sun to
sunset, smoothies to cocktails

Love love love this restaurant - beautiful place and delectable French food.
Above is a friend's appetizer of scallops & Foie Gras
 
After I had my lobster ravioli & rack of lamb - I finished off my meal with some sinful mille feuille 

Prep the boxes, cut & tie the ribbons, attach the charms.
Godiva goodies handcarried by R from Seattle to HongKong to Bali

SK & C 
The most insane shower I have ever seen - at the beautiful Ayana Villa 
Wedding reception

Wish tree at the Reception

Thanks too guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment