Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thailand Sites: Bangkok

Compound of the Emerald Buddha, the Reclining Buddha, Chatuchak weekend market, cheap massages, delicious food, great transportation system.. what an awesome city Bangkok is. 

I love that it's still gritty but around that, they've also made it easy for people to move around. I love that they take such excellent care of the cultural and historical sites around the city. I love that I was blown away by the crazy bejeweled  patterns of Wat Phra Kaew.

Ah Bangkok, I will be back for sure!

Cute button earrings at Chutuchak Market

Fishies !

Jim Thompson's House was BEAUTIFUL! 

Love lotus'

Trying out the water taxi 

Amulet

Amulet vendors

Amulet enthusiasts

Keeping cool

Lovely roof tiles

Ice candy anyone

Danger zone

Reclining Buddha's heels...

... and large swirly toesies! 

Patterns

Patterns

Mosaic gold 
Cleansing & blessings before entering temple of the Emerald Buddha

Bejeweled madness!

Miniature Angkor Wat

I love stalking monks and their bright orange garb

Intricate details everywhere

Explosion of patterns

Prayers & offerings

Awesome murals that ringed the whole compound




No comments:

Post a Comment