Friday, June 15, 2012

Thailand Sites: Phuket

What are the first few things that come to mind when you hear "Phuket"? 

Well I assure you, I experienced none of that, in which ever extreme. No amazing beaches, no gritty night life, and thankfully, no natural calamities as well. Could possibly be because J and I purposely wanted to do nothing. In fact, outside of exploring old Phuket town, I think the most effort made was (1) racing to finish work we both brought with us and (2) deciding which spa we would go to. 

What I did get to experience in this large beach town though was rest. What a difference a change of scenery makes! It felt like I had let out a huge breath of air I didn't even realize I was holding! The days felt extremely long but not in a boring-let's-get-this-over feeling. It was glorious stretches of nothingness where we rolled from the hotel, to restaurant, to cafe, to beach and wherever we fancied. 

Thanks to  Phuket was a great way to kick off my 30th year. 

Pretty tiles outside a boutique  

Saw a couple of these mobile bars scattered about town

#4 waiting for her order!

Best way to enjoy the beach - hiding from the sun! 

Exploring Old Phuket Town

Exploring Old Phuket Town

J making friends at the butterfly garde

Exploring Old Phuket Town

After experiencing this in Beijing, I realized this is a rather smart way to educate tourists about the local industries while giving incentive to the tour guides. Nyarf. lol. 

I think J & I enjoyed this part of the "tour" the most - accessories waaaallll!!! 

Exploring Old Phuket Town

Exploring Old Phuket Town

Thinking we were visiting Phuket's Golden Buddha. Tour Guide got it wrong (?!), but thankfully J & I enjoyed this temple regardless 

Exploring Old Phuket Town: old Portuguese buildings

Exploring Old Phuket Town: this charming street was reminiscent of the Manila from
our youth (naks - parang ang tanda ko na!)

No comments:

Post a Comment