Wednesday, March 18, 2009

week three walking

as much as i may bitch and whine about getting my ass into sweats and my feet into sneakers to literally, walk the dog for an hourish every night, i've been enjoying it!

it has become an excuse to slowly get some movement into my otherwise sedentary life with the ultimate goal of leading a healthier existence. i figure i just need to keep fooling my mind into believing that i'm not exercising but instead, doing things like, clearing my head, pondering life, figuring out what to wear the next day, looking for pattern inspirations for a painting, day (well.. night) dreaming, etc. i could also just keep at it until it becomes routine for me... but i don't want to go there until routine-building and self discipline have become second nature to me.

despite terribly humid days, the nights have been miraculously cool and even windy. outside of the running conversations in my head, my eyes do a lot of mindless wandering too. strangely enough, my route is the same, but everytime i look at the homes i pass, i notice something new. this is good as i'm not (yet?) bored.

i've been consistent over the last three weeks - a wonderfully long period of time considering my health hiatus over the last few years. i remember jogging manically in place in my tiny studio apartment when el nino kept me from getting my butt to the gym for boxing, aerobics class or a jog on the treadmill. jeez.. the thought of my attitude back then still amazes me when i think about it.

i'm on my way to accomplishing one of the many declarations i've made for myself for 2009. a few months late.. but hey, better late than never right?

1 comment: