Saturday, September 19, 2009

Laptop Love

One of the smartest things I did for myself this year was to get myself back on a laptop.

Due to professional and personal circumstances, I made the switch from a laptop back to a desktop about a year ago. For a while it wasn't too much of a big deal, but as I started to get busier, the more it made sense for me to get one.

I originally planned on getting a netbook. As a constant commuter, having something lightweight and compact was a desirable prerequisite. But thinking long term, a regular sized lap top made more sense. Plus I'd look pretty funny jabbing away at a computer much much tinier than I!

It's been a little over a month and it's already made such a difference in my life. While I have now rejoined the anti-social world of peeps who disappear into their laptop every chance they get, it has more importantly, made a lot of positive changes. It has allowed me to make better use of my time and also allowed me to turn work in faster, both reasons why I opted to buy one in the first place.

Still looking for a name though! Sylvester & SylviaLaTorre don't sit completely well for me so I'm still on the look out for a better name for my new limb extension.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, when the tropa hangs out dito sa bahay at may mga laptops silang dala, no one speaks.

    Lahat naka tutok sa internet.

    I should make it a policy to turn off the router when there's a gathering here.

    hahahahaha

    word verif: anersavi

    ReplyDelete