Wednesday, September 16, 2009

System Reboot

I never did reach my weight loss goal of an additional 20 pounds ontop of the 20 pounds I had already lost prior to the start of my "focused dieting for the US". I lost 8 pounds during that time, but gained it back before I left, during the time I started going to Katipunan everyday for work. Lost.

I'm not too bummed out about it though. I'm happy that I didn't gain anything during my trip and even happier that I fit well into my dress without the need for a corset or any problems zipping it up. My fear of impersonating a stuffed green burrito was never realized and I manged to effectively move around in it doing my maid of honor duties without passing out from suffocation. I'm also grateful that I ate well during my 3 weeks there- not too much that I stuffed myself silly, not too little to not enjoy. And even more grateful that all the places I visited were walking cities.

Now that I'm back, it's time to set my eye on another goal, just for that extra bit of motivation. Two events, well actually three. The big event is December of 2010, I have the wedding of a friend from high school as well as a 10-year high school class reunion. That for me is THE goal. By then, I plan to be settled at a happy weight. And in the event I get a chance to go, the other event will be more of a benchmark for me as it It is another reunion with the kids at the school I grew up in prior to moving back to Manila. That's a beach trip for sure.

I've been mulling over what to do as I need to adjust my lifestyle to fit whatever is on my plate, at least until I've settled into a steady job & steady routine. The initial 20 pounds was lost when I had time to really think about my lifestyle and focus on my diet and exercise. But with this project I'm working on, I haven't had enough time to work out and have allowed myself to become distracted, which hasn't been good for my eating habits.

Time to reboot and get focused again.

No comments:

Post a Comment