Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1 + 1

I blogged about grocery shopping with my mom and sister for the first time here. Last week, it was just my sister and I that went grocery shopping last week. Two grocery shoppers, as opposed to the usual three meant I had something other to do then maneuver the cart and arrange the stuff in the cart. Challenging?! I think so!

We have a budget we try to stick to when we grocery shop. Mom usually takes care of adding up the numbers as we go along. I tried it her style:


:|


Eep! Towards the end of the "trip", i recall wanting to throw my book up in the air and cry "uncle". My poor fried brain!

I have become totally dependent on a calculator and excel work sheets after graduating from school. Thank goodness no subtraction was involved... or even worse, multiplication or.. DIVISION! Eep! I think I may have actually forgotten how to do this by hand.

Will definitely try to keep it up though, THAT part of my brain lacks some serious flexing. Perhaps I oughta commit to some serious sudoku-ing for the next few months.

And EW, I can already guess where your comment is going to go... so I'm going to call you out on it already: Math Dork :)

6 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHAHA

    dammit, while i was reading through the post, i was already thinking how I go about when totaling grocery stuff in my head .

    then i read the last line - made me frkkin' cackle like a hag! :P

    p.s. round of to the nearest 10's, then group together by the 100's. makes it easier to juggle in the head, plus may sukli ka pa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ew: you are so smart! Though to not be exact in calculations.. isn't that kind of.. cheating? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pkf, Estimation is part of math also, not cheating at all =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cutty: welllll.. if my friends say so, then it must be true! lol. will try it out next grocery trip.. surely naman i can handle guestimating by 10s and 100s diba?

    ReplyDelete
  5. and this is why i'm glad i'm married to a math dork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @deepa: lol, good point. i'll keep that in mind in my search ;)

    ReplyDelete