Saturday, May 22, 2010

Window Seat

The novelty of sitting by the window wore off when I was a kid. My preference now a day, especially during long-hauls, are aisle seats as it is quicker access to the bathroom.

Thanks to a crazy schedule back in the day where I'd be running on an average of 3 - 4 hours of sleep a day, I used to always be dead asleep the minute I hit the chair.

I chanced on getting a window seat on a recent trip out and was awake during take off. It was late in the evening, and I glanced outside as we pulled away from the Philippines.

What I saw was pretty darn amazing! I forgot just how awesome that parting view can be and just how breathtaking a network of twinkling lights can look from up above.

Hmmm... may need to give some thought to seat preference next time I fly

4 comments:

  1. it's the other way around. i hate aisle seats in long haul flights because i get awakened every time someone needs to pee.

    especially if there are girls in the row.

    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.. that's true too. Plus you get space to lean on (ie the window)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always take the window seat! I seldom use the bathroom (just once or twice on a long-haul flight), I'm usually knocked out the moment I sit down anyway. And in small planes I lean my head on the window when I sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @deepa: that's right, you've always been a window seat!

    ReplyDelete