Monday, May 3, 2010

10 years ago...


Before I get lost in my 28th year - thought I'd take the opportunity to look back and see where I was 10 years ago.

10 years ago...

...I was 18! First minute into my birthday began with a surprise bedroom visitor who came bearing 18 roses. The day ended with a surprise party thrown by my friends at home. Birthdays have been mellower over the last few years, but they have been, and still are, celebrated with the people I love most.

...I was a high school senior: studying, theater, central student government, and the school paper. Very much ontop of my sh*t. Life got a little more challenging after. Lol.

... I was being chauffeured around by a driver, in the loveliest of cars. Circumstances have changed since then. I am now a MASTER commuter!

... I spoke a drop of Tagalog. Now I speak a drizzle of Tagalog, a shower of bastardized Taglish & a deluge of gayspeak.

...I became a college freshman at the Ateneo.. & experienced the biggest culture shock of my life. First two classes? Women's Ping Pong & Filipino. Oh lordy.

... I 'moved out' - began renting an apartment facing school and experienced living by myself for the first time ever.

...I began what is now a life-long love affair with the ACGC. 'Nuf said.

...I got over one love &  re-fell in love with whom I thought was my one true love - oh boy. *insert rolling eyes emoticon*. Really glad that long and dragging chapter is over and done with.

... my little sisters were 15 & 10, and I towered over them. Now they tower over me.

... I got my driver's license! And still haven't driven since :D

... I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with my life. And after 4 years in college, 5 years as an entrepreneur, a few months as a project manager, HR consultant and now a design manager, I still don't know. But finally enjoying trying to figure it out.

I thought by now I would've ruled the world - become a famous stage actress, or a high powered corporate robot or a respected media mogul. Then again, I thought I'd be "there" by 25, wherever that there was. Things haven't really turned out that way, but you know what's, that's ok. My life has been blessed and for that I'm grateful.

It's been a week into my 28th year and so far, so good. Great actually! Should be a kick-ass year.


2 comments:

  1. "... I spoke a drop of Tagalog. Now I speak a drizzle of Tagalog, a shower of bastardized Taglish & a deluge of gayspeak" -- > HAHA especially to the deluge of gayspeak

    And i'm happy you're happy ats! I have a good feeling about your upcoming years. Happy buurthday again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp, did you just leave me a comment?! :)

    I also forgot to say.. 10 years ago.... I was a smoker, sneaking around school smoking under the Fine Arts Theater.. but now I'm not. Lol.. yabang huh? :D

    ReplyDelete