Tuesday, June 16, 2009

001

i told myself when i created this blog that would write about things that make me happy, recording in internet history random tidbits that i found joy in.

but you can't experience the good with the bad diba? so i figured i'd start doing this as well, listing down things that kinda get my goat, just to give me an outlet, get it out of my system in the hopes that i won't bother me again. they may range from silly annoying things to things that REALLY irritate me.

thus i present to you, pet peeve 001:

i have been the "organizer" for as long as i can remember. perhaps it was because growing up, i took part in activites that kind of put me in that position. 6th grade student representative, student government all 4 years of highschool, glee club execom, etc.

over the years though, i have found that this "label" has been creeping over into my career and personal life. when there are get togethers, parties, occasions, whatever.. i am usually the one who ends up coordinating.

being the "organizer" is actually kind of ironic as i am a mess by nature. i suppose the situations i have found myself in over the years have pushed me to try and be organized in my organizing.

so yes, my pet peeve. when people don't cooperate and /or don't respond at all to your plans (via text or email).

i can bitch about it because i've been on both sides. at one point, i felt i was so busy with my life that i would prioritize text messages. repond right away to some, get back to the ones that don't need my immediate attention. such a terrible habit.

i've also been on the receiving end as well, putting in the effort to organize and get no response. regardless of the reason (busy, avoidance, etc), the act of not responding in general just bugs me. truly. which is why, now a day, i make it a point to always respond right away. it is in my own little way, an acknowledgement of my appreciation for the efforts the person is making in organizing.

i have another pet peeve that's kind of related to this. but i'll leave that for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment