Thursday, June 4, 2009

new goal etc..

after entering the shlumpy part of the "get healthy" cycle, i thought of a new goal last monday while doing my evening walk (with my rain jacket, golf umbrella, capri pants and rubber crocs to help me avoid the deluge! ok.. OA.. to help me avoid the drizzle of rain!) to help get me psyched for this next push: i'm going for another 20 pounds by mid-august.

oh the things your mind conjures up when you're out muni-muni-ing! i even benchmarked the dates to help guide me - that by this time, i should've lost this much, etc. it's about 2 pounds a week and i'm thinking rather doable if i really focus on it and not just meander through it like the last month and half (thanks to beach trips and cruises!).

i've also made up some new rules for myself (ie: no desserts till august!) to help push me during these next 2.5 months.

will also try to get in as much exercise as i can, which i feel maybe a little difficult with this wonky weather we're having. though i figure, if i can get away with jogging in place in my tiny apartment back in college when i couldn't go out, i can find some way to burn calories here at home. perhaps jump rope in the garage, or climb up and down the stairs. we have a stationary bike at home but the thing hurts my butt, so that's definitly out of the question! commuting (and being on a budget) has been a wonderful blessing in disguise actually. the walk from my house to the mrt station and back is an hour! so when i don't get time to walk around the village and i commuted that day, i feel a little bit more at ease.

i seem to be getting back on track with regard to shutting up that little blabber mouth in my head. you know, the one that comes up with all these reasons why i can't exercise (too busy, too tired, no time, etc). i just do it. takes more energy anyway to battle it out in my brain then it does to hoist me up and get me outside.

on the food intake, well, i go through these crazy cravings often. for the most part, i usually crave a big ass burger (meat or lamb), or japanese food. but recently it's been nachos - like the ones with a thick layer of melted cheese, jalepenos, sour cream and guacamole. eep!! i'd also like to spend a whole evening back at spirals.. just thinking about those mini home made choco chip cookies they have (with ice cream!) is making me drool. good luck na lang when i get pregnant. perhaps i'll be lucky and crave... carrots. ha! right...

trying to train my body to eat and the right times too. i remember when i was working, i'd go the whole day without eating, and not because i wasn't trying to eat but simply because i was busy running around. problem was, when i got home, i'd stuff my face at dinner. now i'm trying to stick with the basics: breakfast, lunch and dinner.

anyway, so far so good! i turned my nose up on some german chocolates today and am totally avoiding the dining room as there's a box of 4-cheese / peperoni pizza there calling my name.

will update again during major checkpoints within these next 2.5 months! oh and why mid-august? that's when i plan to leave for ny for 2.5ish weeks for a wedding. hopefully not to gain it all back :I

No comments:

Post a Comment