Monday, June 15, 2009

creativity in movement #1

dressed in my usual paraiso-wear (old t-shirts & sweats turned sleeping clothes turned exercise gear due to addition of footwear!) and ready to step out, i heard the pitter patter, rather crazy downpour of rain outside.

"crap.. so ano ngayon?!"

in the past, i usually concede defeat, jump into the paraiso-wear (sleeping version) and crawl into bed. but because of only a 1 pound weight loss this week (vs. 4 pound weight loss the week before), and with my mind still fresh from the dissapointing results, i persisted forward.

so i zipped through my house. well, more like zipped up & down the stairs, around tables, through rooms and kitchens. i felt a little silly, but with everyone in bed and left only with the privacy of the evening and drumming of the rain outside, i went ahead and did it.

my sister's dog (my exercise companion) followed me around (yes.. up and down the stairs, around tables, through rooms and kitchens) for about 20 minutes in hopes that we would eventually go outside, but he got the drift and left me for an aircondtioned room. i continued on.

so 1. 5 hours later i managed to:
  1. clock in my exercise for the day
  2. finally bring up some stuff from downstairs i kept forgetting about
  3. bring down all the mugs and glasses that collect in the tv room throughout the day
  4. refill my tea mug and water glass and brought that up with me
  5. clean out the messages on my phone (though i usually do this while walking around outside anyway)
  6. figure out what to wear to my commitments this week (also a regular thing to do for me while walking outside)
  7. note some things around the house i wanted to later work on / fix /etc.
  8. wake my sister up (who thought she was imagining me zip through her room) and find myself some company during the last 15 minutes of my "work out"
  9. make myself dizzy from going round in circles in small enclosed places
if only i could write while working out, it'd be an even better use of my time! i figure this wont' be the last of these types of challenges. i actually would've done the same while i was on the cruise (walk around the cruise ship for 1.5 hours), but it wasn't so big and i figured people would look at me funny!

this isn't the first time i've done something of this sort. i used to jog in place in my 24 square meter (in other words: tiny) studio apartment, when the weather was too bad for me to go out and get to the gym. that was a little strange too but hey, you do what you gotta do right?

this post is dedicated to a strange choirmate of mine, who i caught boxing in place in our hosts compact parisian kitchen when we were on tour in 2001 :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I think I know who you're referring to. Itago na lang natin siya sa pangalang F.A.

    Your determination to keep the pounds off is very inspiring, nakakahawa na. I am almost ashamed to let you read my blog since all you'll see are gastronomic adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha, lets just say her antics are too unique to be anonymous.

    thanks cutty :) comments like push me to keep on pushing forward!

    and bring on the gastronomical adventures!!! more reasons to practice will power! or the "eat now and walk calories off later" power ;)

    ReplyDelete