Sunday, June 21, 2009

weight loss update

as promised, i was going to update via this blog my progress on my new goal to loose 20 pounds by mid august.

as of the weekend i was supposed to have lost 5 pounds. i've lost 7! *pkf does cartwheel*

the last 3 weeks has been a small emotional bumpy ride of sorts. i lost 4 the 1st week, then 1, then 2. when you loose 4 in a one week, any amount lost UNDER that the week after feels like a disappointment. after moaning and groaning about my "slow" weight loss, i manage to snap back into focus. i'm constantly reminding myself that: over and beyond the goal in august, this is a LIFETIME goal to ultimately get & stay healthy.

as long as i've loosing weight slowly, maybe even maintaining (but please.. after i reach my goal weight!!), i'll be ok. i think with this new discipline i've slowly been developing, even if i (god forbid), gain again, i'll be able to rebound fast and get back on track with trying to loose it again.

and of all the crazy diets i've done, this is actually the best, and it's not even a crazy diet! i'm eatting (3 meals a day!) of almost whatever i want, i eat more veggies & fruits now, and i've even had my fair share of dessert which i did promise myself i'd stay off (case & point: the decadent leche flan i had the other day). in the past i used to beat myself up for eating something like that, but now, beating up time < forgiving myself and moving forward.

i totally know though i'm going to bump into some more challenges down the road. i think at one point i may have to increase or change up my "work out" as i begin to loose more weight? but i'll cross that bridge when i get there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment