Sunday, January 17, 2010

BSP Jamboree on Mt Makiling

At the start of the year, I dropped by Mt. Makiling with a friend of mine to check out the 26th Asia Pacific Scout Jamboree. While Jamborees of this nature are apparently smaller in attendance, I was shocked to know that some 14,000 delegates from around the world had set up camp over the new year break to participate in this event. I only stayed for an hour or two so I didn't get the full effect of what 14,000 looks like, but it was fun exploring the groups and seeing all these kids milling about looking like they were having so much fun.

It's a week long event chock full of activity after activity after activity. Fun activities mind you where you learn new skills, make some friends and have some fun. Nonetheless, I'm glad it was them and not me. I love the outdoors, but only because I am quite content sleeping in a bed with a roof over my head. Lol.

I was a girl scout back in elementary school. Actually let me rephrase, I was a daisy girl scout! Daisy girl scout because brownie girl scouts who eventually become girl scout girl scouts. I remember not enjoying it so much, which is why I lasted only about a year.

But anyway, just wanted to post a few of the pictures I took while i was there...

We went up to Makiling to visit my friend's little brother & sister
who participated in the jamboree.

Love the BSP (boy scouts of the philippine) uniforms.. they wear these cool salakot hats..

.. as well as these lovely wooden carabao slides that cover the knot of their neckerchiefs!

Absolutely no idea what EXACTLY this is. I just saw it, snapped a photo of it and had to run off. I assume it's a coconut container of sorts fashioned to look like a scout from the Philppines? Lol.

I assume manong was a chaparone for the Vietnam contingent? Hee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment