Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back On Stage?


Made a small return to the stage 2 years ago after I auditioned for a show produced by this new theater and events group. I've been quite lucky with them as since that first show, I've been involved in a number of their shows, both off and on stage.

This year, I didn't get around to audition for their annual theater event due to a personal conflict in schedule. I reasoned that I needed to focus on what was (and is currently still!) on my plate, and was convinced I couldn't do both.

A few weeks after the auditions (that I didn't attend), I started feeling differently. I planned on getting in touch with them and letting them know that I wanted to help out with the show, as a actor or otherwise. Though I dwelt on it for a while, I kept putting it off. I eventually gave up on the idea as with the show dates fast approaching, I thought it would be too makapal for me to ask.

Today though, I randomly bumped into the group's president. The first thing she said to me after a hug was "I need you!". She told me how she was looking for someone to fill a role and had thought of me. She figured since I didn't audition, I was busy with the job I was telling her I'd have by now during last year's show. She put the message out into the universe in hopes it would conspire to help her.. and conspire it did! For the both of us!

Now I have no idea if it will work out logistically; we still need to talk specifics. Not that I want to turn a deaf ear to opportunity knocking but I'm a bit overwhelmed as it is right now with what's going on in my life. Hopefully all it will take to get me through the next few weeks is diligent focus, hard work, baby steps, self confidence and prayers.

Nonetheless, I'm thrilled! The surprise source of income is as welcome as it is needed, as is the chance to pour my energies into a creative outlet I've always loved. Acting freaks me out as much as it exhilarates me so it's definitely an opportunity to stretch my realm of self-awareness. I always come out of a show feeling like I know myself just a little bit more.

So fingers crossed!

(photo of myself and a fellow actress in a show I did last year; taken by S.Purdue)

No comments:

Post a Comment