Sunday, January 17, 2010

WORK


Next few weeks are going to be REAL busy for me. The project that I've spent the last few months preparing for is fast approaching and I'm feeling the pressure! It's my first big project after work with my old company. I feel like I'm about to take a big test that will decide my future, where I feel it will prove (or disprove) my capacity to do something of this nature. There's still a number of things I need to do in preparation for the project; haven't even begun to think about how I'm actually going to execute it!

If all goes well, I'll jump into two new projects right after. One is literally, RIGHT after what I'm working on now, a short freelance project for a new client which is also big in it's own right.. to me anyway. I'm nervous I won't perform, that I'll be too tired to focus and that I won't do a good job. A few days after, I'll do a show, which means at one point between now and then, I need to have rehearsed, memorized and gotten my role down pat.

I feel old insecurities and bad habits bubbling to the surface; common when I'm faced with something very uncomfortable. I procrastinate REAL BADLY in hopes that it will delay the inevitable. I stay up late to delay the coming of the next day, but then want to sleep all day. Not really a good mix with an already busy schedule if you ask me.

I also get I am probably making this bigger than it actually is and that I know I just need to breathe, focus and just get things done one day at a time, one step at a time. That in doing so, I cut out the unnecessary stress I'm creating for myself.

So here's me grabbing life by the balls and just diving into my work. It's good for me, I know it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment